In this topic, you will learn about, Introduction to Java.
- Java is an object-oriented programming language.
- It is a general-purpose programming language intended to let application developers write once, run anywhere (WORA).
- Java was originally developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems (Sun Microsystem is now acquired by Oracle) in 1995.
- James Gosling is also called the Father of JAVA.
- The current version of JAVA is Java 15.
- JAVA released to the market in three categories J2SE (JAVA 2 Standard Edition), J2EE (JAVA 2 Enterprise Edition), and J2ME (JAVA 2 Micro/Mobile Edition).
- J2SE is basically used for developing client-side applications/programs.
- J2EE is used for developing server-side applications/programs.
- J2ME is used for developing mobile applications and lower/system-level applications.
- If you exchange the data between client and server programs (J2SE and J2EE), by default JAVA is having on internal support with a protocol called HTTP. To develop J2ME applications we must use a protocol called WAP (Wireless Applications Protocol).
Comment below if you have queries related to the above topic, Introduction to Java.