In this tutorial, you will learn about, What is SQL? What are the advantages and disadvantages of SQL?
SQL: It stands for Structured Query Language used to develop, maintain a database. It is a type of procedural language divided into various parts.
- DDL: It stands for Data Definition Language.
- DML: It stands for Data Manipulation Language.
- DCL: It stands for Data Control Language
- TCL: It stands for Transaction control language.
SQL allows to create .edit, update maintain database records, and it’s also allowed to develop any application. SQL provides various components like queries, Plsql, trigger, cursor, etc. SQL designed by the Oracle organization in 1993. It offers various tools to run SQL commands or queries.
Advantages of SQL:
- View database recorded without storing.
- It retrieves some table records by hiding some information.
- We can join two tables.
- We can establish a relationship between two or more tables.
- Provide a relational algebra function.
- Support oops concept.
- SQL support event and event handling procedure.
- SQL support exception handling concept.
- SQL support conditional looping, array, function and programming features, and components.
- SQL provides a recovery facility.
Disadvantages of SQL:
- For SQL need training to an excess database.
- SQL can be handled by an expert user or programmer.
- It occupies some space i.e extra memory location for each record.
- It is platform dependent language.
- It is a command-based language.
Comment below if you have queries related to the above topic, What is SQL? What are the advantages and disadvantages of SQL?